jilrene

The Vampire Relationship Guide, Volume 4: Life, Death and Something In Between
The Vampire Relationship Guide: Family and Feuds
The Vampire Relationship Guide: Secrets and Trust

Dance With Me

Dance With Me - Heidi Cullinan This book is going in my absolute favorites – read again pile.

This story is about the physically damaged jock and the emotionally damaged dancer finding love and acceptance. Ed was a semi-pro football player who suffered a scary injury to his neck. Laurie was a professional dancer who went too far in a competition and was not ridiculed, but made to feel he was wrong to try something different. Our MCs meet at an athletic center that serves the less affluent side of town; both men are instructors and (prior to the book’s starting point) have an unpleasant history. The book starts with Ed taking the chance to ask Laurie for a favor and offering to do anything Laurie needs in return. Thus begins a new understanding between the men. This story is about them becoming friends, then lovers, and finally partners.

I got lost reading this book; I felt like I was really there, watching the characters go through their daily activities – the story is real and believable. I could easily picture the events as they are described. I didn’t want to put the book down, but I also didn’t want the story to end. The double-edged sword of a really great book.