jilrene

The Vampire Relationship Guide: Family and Feuds
The Vampire Relationship Guide: Secrets and Trust

review

Conquest  - S.J. Frost

10/14 - 25% - "I need time to read! I keep getting lost in the story and then interrupted (work? what? I don't get paid to read?)."

10/16 - 60% - "I want to keep reading to the end, but I don't want it to end. grrrrr"

10/17 - OMG - I'm done. I want to read the next book - NOW!

I love Evan and Jesse. Yes, there’s insta-love. But I bought it. Yes, the characters are beyond understanding and mature. But that’s okay because I needed them to be too perfect to be real. Yes, I saw the conflict coming from a mile away. But that’s okay too because the suspense kept me going. Yes, they skipped the condoms from the beginning. Well, I can buy that, too. The only bad thing I can say is that every now and then I came across a typo that knocked me out of the story.

These two MCs are in music. They are so much alike it’s kind of creepy – both perfectionists, both multi-talented, both absolutely gorgeous, and both deeply in love with the other. The book covers a little over a year, from Evan discovering Jesse to Jesse and Evan wrapping up Evan’s world tour. I enjoyed reading their story. I loved it so much, I’m going to buy the next book. And probably the 6 others after that one. Yes, I want to follow Conquest to the ends of the earth.